In this article, you can check how to change HDMI Inputs on your Samsung TV.
Every TV out there, whether it’s a modern basic one or an absolutely feature-rich TV has one thing in common – the HDMI input ports. with the help of the HDMI input ports, one can easily connect devices to the TV such as a set-top box, a streaming stick like a Roku, FireStick, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, or even your PC. Even your gaming consoles now use the HDMI port to display the put on your TV.
While all of this is great, it can be a headache, especially for people who are either buying their first Samsung TV or a new modern smart TV in general to adjust and navigate over to the HDMI settings. In this guide, we will be showing you the different steps you can follow to change the HDMI input on different Samsung TV models.
How to Change HDMI Input Source on Samsung TV
Before we go into the steps needed to change the HDMI input on your Samsung TV, make sure to have your device plugged into the TV via the HDMI input ports. Most of these HDMI input ports will be present on the back panel of your TV. So, once you have plugged the device into the TV via the HDMI port, you can follow the steps that we have mentioned below.
Samsung TV Models – 2015 and Older
If you are the owner of a Samsung TV that has been manufactured in 2015 or before, you can follow these steps to adjust the HDMI Input.
- Power up your Samsung TV and grab the TV remote.
- On your remote, locate the Source button.
- Now, press the Source button to switch through the different input sources available on your Tv.
- Stop pressing the button once you reach the correct HDMI input source for the particular device you want to connect to your TV.
Samsung TV Models – 2016 and Newer
If you are using the newer Samsung TV models released in 2016 and newer, you can follow these steps.
- Grab the TV remote for your Samsung TV and press the Home button.
- The Smart Hub should now be launched on your TV.
- Navigate through the menu and select the Source option.
- From here, you can choose the source input by selecting the right HDMI input source.
- Apart from the HDMI input, you can also select devices that are connected to the TV via other input sources.
Apart from just using the HDMI input source by connecting various devices, you can also send your Tvs output to modern home theaters and soundbars via the HDMI ARC output port. You can read on to know how to navigate to the HDMI ARC settings.
- Read also:
- How To Remove Any Filter From A Tiktok Video?
- How to Reset Your Instagram Account
- How to Automatically Post From Facebook to Instagram
- How To Fix Call Of Duty Warzone Dev Error 6034?
- How to download YouTube videos with Savefrom
- 4 Ways to Hide an IP Address
- How To Enable TPM 2.0 In BIOS for Windows 11
- How to Enable TPM on MSI Motherboard for AMD & Intel
- How To Use Bait and Fish in Stardew Valley
- How To Fix an Xbox Series X Controller That Keeps Blinking Series
- How To Fix Call Of Duty Warzone Dev Error 6034?
How to Enable HDMI ARC Output on Samsung TV
To ensure that your Samsung TVs’ audio output is sent to the home theater or soundbar, make sure to connect both devices to each other via the HDMI ARC ports. Once both devices are powered on and connected to each other, you can follow these steps, based on the TV Model and year that you have.
Samsung TV Models – 2019 and Newer
- Grab the TV Remote and press the Home button on it.
- Now, navigate and select Settings from the Smart Hub on your TV.
- Choose General.
- Select External Device Manager.
- Now, choose Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)
- The TV’s audio will now be sent to the connected speaker via the HDMI ARC port.
Samsung TV Modes – 2018 and 2017 (T/Q, R/Q, N/Q, and M/Q series)
- Press the Home button to launch the Menu and select the Settings option.
- Selecting the General option, choose External Device management.
- Finally, select Any bet and then HDMI CEC.
Samsung TV Models 2016 (K Series)
- Press the Home button and select Settings.
- Select System followed by Expert Settings.
- Finally, choose Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)
Samsung TV Models 2015 and Older (J Series)
- Press the Menu button on your Samsung TV remote.
- Select System and finally Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)
How to Enable HDMI UHD Color on Samsung TV
If you have one of the newer smart TVs from Samsung, you can now enable HDMI UHD color. Though the steps mentioned below are for the Series 6 4K UHD TVs. it will be the same for most of the newer 4K Smart TVs from Samsung.
- Gram your Samsung TV remote and power up your TV.
- Press the Home button on the remote to open the Home Screen.
- Navigate through the Smart Hub and select the Settings option.
- Now, choose Picture followed by Expert Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom till you see the HDMI UHD Color option.
- Select HDMI UHD Color
- Choose the HDMI input port into which the device is plugged.
- Now, select the option to Turn the feature on.
- You will have to restart the TV in order to see the HDMI UHD Color option come into effect.
Change Input Source
There are different ways you can follow to change the input source on your Samsung TV. The methods mentioned above work perfectly for those remotes that have the Source button and the Menu button. There is, however, another way that you can follow to change the source of your Samsung TV. All you need to do is plug the HDMI cable into the HDMI input port while the TV is on. It will automatically switch to the HDMI input device that has been connected.
This concludes the guide on how you can change and adjust the HDMI Inputs on a Samsung TV. We hope that this guide helps you understand how to change the HDMI input on your particular model of Samsung TV. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.